It is currently June 24th, 2017, 4:42 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to sebastopolgeeselovers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Down Under Queenslander
PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 12:06 pm 

Hi and thankyou for adding me to your forum. I am new to geese and was originally searching for another breed, I saw an add for Sebastopols in my area and went for a look and naturally came back with four goslings between 5 & 8 weeks they are adorable and I'm looking forward to watching them develop. Unsure of their quality but will post photos and would appreciate comments both good and bad, its the best way to learn. Thanks again Susan

Post subject: Re: A Down Under Queenslander
PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 3:49 pm 

Hi there Susan and welcome to the Forum! Congratulations on your new goslings and I hope they will make you as happy as ours make us! They are totally addictive and chronic timewasters. But come to think of it, it can't be a waste of time watching something so pretty and funny.

Anyway there is heaps of info on this Forum about every aspect of goose keeping so do have a look though some of the topics, I learned almost everything I know from here. But if you have anything specific, do ask, we will do our best to help. I'm from the UK, it's autumn here and we are getting ready for some big shows, so it's quite busy keeping them all clean and tidy. Just when you think they are all looking perfect, one starts dropping feathers or finds a nice muddy puddle to splash in.

Good luck and do try and post some pics when you can! ->:leaves

PostPosted: October 19th, 2014, 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you joined us and looking forward to hearing more from you. -> :smile
We have several people on the forum from Australia.

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 12:35 am 

Thankyou for the warm welcome and yes I spend a lot of time with the gosling they have been hand raised so are very quiet, just adorable.
I also spent a lot of time last night on this forum just reading, it really was where to start first. So my first newbie question is about keeping them clean. I live in a sub tropical region so quite warm they are in a movable tractor on grass but still seem to get themselves very grubby overnight.
They do clean themselves up with fresh water in the morning but the photos on the forum show sparkling bright birds and I was wondering how that is achieved and maintained. Thanks Susan

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Susan glad you've been reading the info and may I suggest you please post your questions in the appropriate forums so others can benefit by the questions and answers. -> : coffee

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]