It is currently June 24th, 2017, 4:41 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to sebastopolgeeselovers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: January 2015 New Members
PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 11:08 pm 

Hello I am a new goose mommy to 2 beautiful babites. One is yellowish with grey spots on her back and the other is more all over grey. Now that I have done some reading I am wondering if they are both sebbies. I was just told that one was a sebbie and one was a Saddleback. I have been reading everything I can find and spending as much time as I can bonding with these two. let's just say I need to make some diapers lol! I just discovered today that they like hay. I am located in Southeast Virginia and have chickens and a few ducks. I also have some goats and I homeschool our five children. I am really loving how affectionate these geese are and I don't mind having them in the house at all.. It's going to be hard to let them go in a few weeks when it's time to go outside. I am guessing that it is normal for them to cry everytime I leave the room? lol!

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Welcome! ->: wave
Yes, the goslings have bonded to you and think you are Mom.
Like all newborns they need a lot of attention.
They get more independent as they get older.
Glad you joined us! Keep us posted. ->: flower

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

PostPosted: May 6th, 2015, 11:46 pm 

I am ecstatic to report that both of my new babies are indeed sebbies, one will be white, the other a saddleback. His (?) feathers are finally coming in and they are a light grey color. I heard my first HONK attempt last night, LOL! At least I think that's what it was! Still trying to figure out male from female, but one is definitely more aggressive towards the dog, other birds, etc. They are so well behaved too! They have been living in a baby pool in my kitchen until two weeks ago, then the pool was moved to the garage. They stay right in it, even though they could get out if they wanted to. They are spending many hours outdoors with the kids enjoying the bigger pool and getting to know the other chickens and ducks. They follow me down to the goat pen and are seemingly fearless of other animals. A friend donated a HUGE doghouse for them that I am looking forward to painting and rehabbing into a goose house. Off to research sexing and what age I can move them permanently outdoors! Thanks for the site!
A

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2015, 8:53 am 

Hi from australia down under! A newbie to geese lucky enough to obtain a pair of sebs ! I just would like to thank this forum for all the valuable info you give on here . You cover everything and even though a newie i have learnt so much already ! Thank you Vicky for all the info you gave me in regard to diet feathers etc

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2015, 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Lee! So glad you joined us! ->: wave
The forum has been rather slow but a few of us check in on a regular basis
so please feel free to jump in with any questions.

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]