It is currently June 27th, 2017, 6:19 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to sebastopolgeeselovers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 8:29 pm 

Hi,
I am Peggy and I am new to Sebastopols. I have had geese, ducks,chickens, and guineas for a lot of years, but they are not like my new geese. I have 2 ganders, 6 geese and one that I am not sure of. I got into the Sebbies because I am getting older and cannot take care of the big stock anymore, and c an't stand to see the barn empty This has been so much fun so far

I let them out every morning wash out their swimming pools and fill them for the day. They have over three acres to roam in that is fenced. My husband Ken keeps the grass cut so they have short tender grass to feed on. My grain, that is given only at night is 16 percent. I hope that is not to high in protien. I hope to have something good enough to show someday, but for now I am happy with what I have,

I have so much more to learn about them so I will keep reading everything I can and talk to people that know what they are doing. I have the time so this is my plan.

Peggy

Post subject: Re: September 13th "Breeding"
PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 8:43 pm 

Welcome to the forum Peggy! -> :leaves here are you from?

Post subject: Re: September 13th "Breeding"
PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Kenneth wrote:
Hi,
I am Peggy and I am new to Sebastopols. I have had geese, ducks,chickens, and guineas for a lot of years, but they are not like my new geese. I have 2 ganders, 6 geese and one that I am not sure of. I got into the Sebbies because I am getting older and cannot take care of the big stock anymore, and c an't stand to see the barn empty This has been so much fun so far

I let them out every morning wash out their swimming pools and fill them for the day. They have over three acres to roam in that is fenced. My husband Ken keeps the grass cut so they have short tender grass to feed on. My grain, that is given only at night is 16 percent. I hope that is not to high in protien. I hope to have something good enough to show someday, but for now I am happy with what I have,

I have so much more to learn about them so I will keep reading everything I can and talk to people that know what they are doing. I have the time so this is my plan.

Peggy

Welcome Peggy and so glad you joined us! -> :flowsml
Hope to hear more from you.
I was in the same situation as you...use to have horses and goats etc
but when they kids grew up and left home so did the large livestock I had empty barn syndrome.
I'm sure you'll love your geese.

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: October 10th, 2013, 8:58 am 

Hi Peggy and welcome from the UK.

I learned everything I know about Sebbies from here so you are in good hands! I have eight and we love them to bits. Do post some photos if you can. Like you, I'm hope very much to breed something good enough to show. It's great fun but hard work.

Look forward to hearing some more from you soon, all the best. -> :leaves

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: October 10th, 2013, 4:12 pm 

A BIG welcome Peggy to the forum!!! What state do you live in? Sebs work their way into your heart to the point of such love for them.... -> :leaves -> :leaves

Here is our web site
http://b.rudolph.tripod.com/rbrururanchandwaterfowl/

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]