It is currently June 25th, 2017, 3:00 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to sebastopolgeeselovers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: June Newsletter
PostPosted: June 10th, 2017, 6:48 pm 

Sebbie World
Special Welcome Edition 06/2017
Welcome!
A note from president Laura Huey.

Hello everyone. I'd like to take some space to introduce myself, as not many know me. To be honest there are many that I don't know either. I started with Sebbies, about 2 years ago, prior to that they were solely my mothers project. Since her health doesn’t let her do like she used to do, we have been working together in building our flock. I have had some wonderful mentors that have helped me along the way.
We currently own Whites, Grey, Grey Saddleback, Buff, and Blue Splash. Not too many but enough that my dad complains about space...He really is a wonderful man and breaks his back, and sometimes a finger with the hammer as he helps me with the the physical labor of things.
I grew up as a 4-H kid on a 60 acre farm with numerous variety of animals. As a 4-H kid I truly believe in promoting the breed true to standards, along with teaching others to follow along. I enjoy showing, educating, and always learning.
The reason that I decided to start showing was to end the debate with my mother as to the quality of our birds. I told her the same as she used to tell me...."we won't know unless we try". That's when the bug bit me and I attended my first show in 2016, I was really disappointed to learn how much traveling I'd have to do in order to attend more shows.
I then contacted the club that puts on the 1 and only show in Michigan and they said the reason was because of lack of supporting clubs. That's when I had the idea of forming our own club...so here we are today...National Sebastopol Geese Association.
It's been a bumpy road to get to this point and I'm sure there will be more bumps and curves, but I truly believe that if we are all hear for the greater good of the Sebastopol Goose, and to further our education, support one another, along with passing our wealth of information onto to the younger generations that we can have an amazing group of people all working towards the same goal.
Thank you for your continued support as we work out kinks and get the ball rolling even faster.
Laura Huey
President of the National Sebastopol Geese Association 2017

Membership
In order to make this club successful we need your help....each and everyone of you are the club. This is a group effort, I think of it as the same theory of the movie "Field of Dreams, If you build it they will come", but we need your participation to build it...it won't happen overnight but power in numbers! Below is a membership form.
Go to the National Sebastopol Geese Association-Membership (please make sure to submit both your membership form and your payment through PayPal this is a 2 step process)
Email membership form back to Susan-Walker, then send payment to [email protected], via PayPal
Submit Hard copy membership form to Susan-Walker and payment to PayPal
(If other options are needed please contact Susan-Walker for further instructions).

Current Officers
President: Laura Huey

Eastwinds Sebastopols

Onondaga, MI 49264

[email protected]

Vice President : Matt Kmetetz

Breezy Knoll Farm

Bethlehem, Connecticut

[email protected]

Secretary I: Susan Rushing-Walker

[email protected]

Secretary II: Drue Chichi

Ricketts House

[email protected]

Treasure: Barb Rudolph

Rurus Sebastopols

315 Southwood Court

Troy, Missouri, 63379

[email protected]

Public Relations: Janelle Robbins

[email protected]

District Directors
We still need help with this!!!!!

District 1: Matt Kmetetz-
Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
District 2: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland
District 3: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin
District 4: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
District 5: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, & West Virginia.
District 6: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee
District 7: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
District 8: Alaska, California, Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington
District 9: Romanita Stanich
Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
District 10: Canada

Cute Gosling Contest
Open to all paying members of the National Sebastopol Goose Association! Open to any Sebastopol Gosling, colors also!
Contest ends June 30, 2017
*Please have all entries date stamped* *Association Officers and Directors Excluded but may submit pics to show off*

Please submit entries Via Email to
[email protected]
After entries have closed we will post submissions on the National Sebastopol Facebook Event Page.
Winners will be selected by majority vote.
Prizes:
1st Place $50.00 Gift Card
2nd Place $25 Gift Card
3rd Place $25 Gift Card
Prizes Sponsored by Susan Walker-Rushing

Member List 06/07/17

Laura Huey
Janene Gibbs
Barb Rudolph
Jase Wagers
Romanita Stanich
Lane Hedgecoke
Maryiln Reied
Karen MachPherson
Brandy LeBlanc
Bruce Shutlz
Joyce Pilger
Frieda McArdell
Susan Walker
Janaveen Gibbs
Vivian Malatesta

Thank you to all of you....lets keep it going.

Sebastopol Goose Lovers Forum
There are many questions being asked on Facebook, HELP...I just got my first sebbies, HELP, SUGGESTIONS PLEASE, etc., problem is that those things get lost and shoved to the bottom on facebook.
I would like to invite you to please go to the forum, register, and read, read and read. everything is broken down into heading and subheadings...years of knowledge.... It's ok to ask questions, we are all here to help....this is a great reference to any and all questions that could possibly arise while raising your goslings, adults, etc.
I would also like to take this time to say a special Thank you to Vicky Thompson, of Cottage Rose Farms for making this forum, and allowing me to help with it!!!

Showing your geese!
Some may be interested in showing your geese!
Please take the time to visit Poultry Show Central as a hub for finding shows by location, region, state, month etc.
I also encourage you to join the American Poultry Association.
*Also please submit any show reports via email* As we will have a winners circle*

Kids Corner
Please send us pictures of your and your geese, let us know of any awards, fairs, etc. that you may participate in. We love pictures.

Special Note
This is a special first edition newsletter, to receive future newsletters please submit your membership form and payment. Further newsletters will be sent via email to paying members only.
Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]