It is currently June 27th, 2017, 6:28 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to sebastopolgeeselovers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to the new Sebastopol Geese forum!
PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 6:03 pm 

->:thanks for the warm welcome. I am located in Orford, NH... Right on the VT border ... just across the CT River from Fairlee, VT. Some maps don't even show us.. lol But that's ok... We live in a great little town with NO restrictions.... Yep... NH.. Live Free Or Die! -> :party1

We have 4 white Sebbies, 70ish English BBS Orpington chickens plus 36 chicks, 3 pigmy goats, 1 pregnant Nigerian Drawf doe, 1 eighty lb black lab, 9 pugs< I raise showdogs), and 1 albino cockatiel named Superman with over 125 world vocabulary. He even whistles the tune of the "Bob" commerical.. hahaha He is truly amazing... have owned serveral double yellow headed amazons and a yellow nape that didn't say as much as Supie does. :)

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 11:58 pm 

Hello Renie and WELCOME to the forum... We all I think do not know when to stop, at times! I know my husband was upset with me this year when I bought 3 more new goslings.. -> :wink But he got over it pretty quickly when I mentioned his two trips to Mississippi fishing. - > : cheerful
I ordered 3 and the kind woman because I waited a year sent me 4. Trying to get ito Buffs. We shall see soon what we have come color wise soon... Can hardly wait!

Here is our web site
http://b.rudolph.tripod.com/rbrururanchandwaterfowl/

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 12:13 am 

Thank you Ruru :) My husband wasn't all that keen on having geese to begin with... He had a bad experience when he was younger... But the Sebbies have worked their magic.... because now he is totally in love with them.

I moved the kids into their new yard today. It was hard for me to put them in there... I am soo afraid of a hawk getting one.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 1:55 am 

Welcome. It is hard to not be taken in by the little devils.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 7:28 pm 

A belated WELCOME Renie and lovely to hear about your little Superman. Thats a remarkable vocabulary for a Cocketiel -> : thumb

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 3:11 am 

Thank you so much. Yes Supie is one special little guy. I have been struggling with the board signing me out.. and trying to get back in... Soo hopefully I will solve that problem soon :) Thank you Cottage Rose for your replies :)

About how old are the goslings before they make adult sounds?? I call them by saying Peep Peep Peep... they say it back and come running.... soo cute. And when do I take them off of chick starter... and what do I put them on after that?

PostPosted: May 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well you certainly have quite the menagerie! -> : thumb
Looking forward to getting to know you and them better.
Please note we have a family and other critters forums to share anything
you'd like about you and yours. - > : cheerful

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 3:53 pm 

Hi,
I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place... I have a Sebastopol goose...don't know what sex. It is a rescue that was brought to us because we have a duck so they figured we were the place to bring it. It wasn't fully feathered and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with this goose- until I found a picture on the net. I am feeding it oats, wheat, a tiny bit of cracked corn, lettuce and pasture. It has taken over the dog yard during the day and I let it out in the rest of the yard when I come home from work. I was warned that the Purina and Mazuri (?) feed had a problem and was recalled so I'm not sure what else to feed it. I was feeding it some laying mash but then I read that wasn't a good idea. It likes to eat dirt...and put dirt in its water buckets...
And it won't bathe. I bought it a big tub and put it in there but it jumps out indignantly. I think at some point, I will have to find it another home but I want to make sure it's a very good home because this is a very sweet, funny goose that is fun to have around and I want it to have a very good life. I live in Western North Carolina.
So...I can use advice, recommendations and ideas on how to care for this goose while I have it.
Thanks!
Carson

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Carson welcome and glad you are doing your best care for the goose.
Maybe ask some questions in the general Seb or care/feed forums and hopefully you will get some repsonses
but it sounds like you are doing ok with caring for it.
You could try to find some pelleted or crumbled multi flock feed other than Purina brand if you
are worried about using Purina. They do seem to have a lot of problems with quality control.

My website: http://cottage_rose_birdsnblossoms.webs.com/

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 7:26 pm 

Hi Carson -- I sold goslings to someone in Western NC. If you will PM me your contact info, I'll see if she wants the goose or can help you find it a home.
Good luck!
Kim

Page 3 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]